If there is a beauty product that cannot be missing from your dressing table, it’s the almighty serum.
Not only is it lighter and more absorbent, but it also contains the most potent dose of active ingredients as well as anti-ageing antioxidants, peptides, and skin brighteners. So basically all the essentials to help your skin look flawless.
It’s also true that serums are normally twice the price than a regular cream, but even though you might think that a cream is cheaper and contains more product than a tiny, fancy bottle of serum, the reason is that the most of the regular creams have also added lubricating and thickening agents that are not really necessary for your skin.
Serums are made of very small molecules so the skin absorbs them quickly and deeply, for this reason a teeny tiny amount of serum once a day is enough for your skin to get the vitamins and active ingredients that it needs. So it’s quite likely that this little fancy bottle will last a lot longer than your regular cream.
Here are five of the best serums out there to give your skin a needed uplift.
1. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery: If a beauty brand is being talked about so much, it has to be for a reason. Apply the serum at night and notice younger-looking skin by the morning.
2. Dior Capture Totale Serum: Oil based serum that is not at all greasy, instead leaves your skin looking younger with just the right amount of brightness.
3. L’Oreal Skin Perfection Serum: It will transform the tone and texture of your skin reducing signs of fatigue and stress.
4. Neal’s Yard Remedies Rejuvenating Facial Serum: Calming and uplifting frankincense, combined with oil-balancing mandarin and antiseptic bergamot make this a beautifully scented serum that’s perfect for combination skin prone to breakouts.
5. Vichy Skin Idealia Life Serum: For stressed women, this little trick will add luminosity and a significant reduction in fine lines, signs of tiredness, visible pore and pigmentation.