It's been said that this edition of the Oscars has been one of the most boring for the fashion industry. A parade of bridesmaids gowns with no 'wow' factor to offer. Some celebrities seem stuck in their routine of wearing what best suits them, which is great for any other time of the year, but why not experiment a little bit more and think outside the box that one night each year? Even more so when half the world is expectantly watching, waiting to see what you're all wearing! If only we could get our hands on those couture dresses and dazzling jewellery for free!
Nevertheless, our favourite stars looked 'safe' but still stunning as always.
We give you our favourites. And those couture dreams that could have been but never were...
1. Emma Stone in Elie SaabThe dress colour with 'no name', but how great does it look on her!
2. Margot Robbie in Saint LaurentIf you have to go black for red carpet, this is the way to do it. She brings sexy 70's to a whole new red carpet level.
3. Keira Knightley in ValentinoGlad someone had the decency to wear Valentino Couture! This dress is a dream come true.
4. Rosamund Pike in GivenchyA stunning fitted red dress with matching red heels. Well done, Gone Girl.
5. Jennifer Lopez, Elie SaabMaybe too 'fairy' like for the 45 year old singer, but she does look sexy and cute at the same time. After all when you have that body at 45 everything should be allowed! (Even if someone else is wearing almost the exact same gown as you!)
6. Cate Blanchett in Martin Margiela CoutureSurprised she is not risking it a bit, like she is used to. But still polished and stunning in this black dress with a contrast blue statement necklace.
7. Scarlett Johansson in Atelier VersaceAfter pregnancy and she looks better than ever. Not many agreed with her style for the night, but we love her edgy and risky look with powerful jewellery and hair do.
The 'meh' bridesmaids dressesNot bad dressed, not tasteless, just simply predictable. We'd love to see these celebs going out of their comfort zone sometime. Jennifer, we love you, and yes, gold looks stunning on your tanned skin and glowy hair... but give us something else to work with next time please! Bit disappointed with Sienna Miller's look, she looks classy but missing her fashionista site!